Last update: 27/05/2018
Thank you for using My Trip List.
- We do not collect any personal data or any information you provide within the application.
- However, in order to help us provide you with the best service, we collect anonymous information through the integration of third party analytics and crash reporting services.
User Provided Data
We do not collect nor store on our servers any of your personal data (such as email, name, or any generated content).
All of the information you provide in the application (trip description, tasks, items, notes, photos, etc.) is only stored locally on your device.
In other words, all trips, lists, photos or any information you enter within the application stay only on your device unless you explicitly export or share them via the export functionalities.
In order to track any technical problems and get an insight on how the application is used, we use two third party services: Crashlytics and Answers. Both of them are part of the Fabric platform from Google.
These two services collect anonymous data (that can not be used to identify you) from the application on our behalf, store them on their servers and present them to us through online reports.
We use Crashlytics to detect crashes and improve the stability of the application.
In case the application crashes unexpectedly, a crash report is generated. This report contains anonymous data and does not contain any personally identifiable information, but includes:
- Code sequence that caused the crash and device information (e.g. application version, device type, OS version, how much storage or memory is in use, etc.)
- The Universally Unique Identifier (UUID), which is used to recognize the application on the device. This identifier is not shared with other applications.
More details about data collected by Crashlytics are available here.
All these information help us identify and fix the bug which caused the crash, so that we can provide you quickly with a more stable version of the application.
During the next restart of the application following the crash, a prompt popup let you decide wether or not you want to sent the report to Crashlytics. If you decline, no information is sent to Crashlytics.
We use Answers to understand how the application is actually used.
This service automatically collects information during your navigation and generates usage reports. It provides us with statistics such as how many people are using the application, the number of times each screen is viewed or which actions are performed by the users.
Data collected to build the reports include:
- The Universally Unique Identifier (UUID), which is used to recognize the application on the device but is not shared with other applications.
- Some information about your device (model, operating system version,...)
- Information about the application (version, screen viewed, user actions events, ...)
More details about data collected by Answers are available here. Please note that IP Address Tracking option is disabled for the app My Trip List.
These reports are really useful for us to continuously improve the value of our service. For instance, they allow us to determine which functionalities are the most popular so that we can focus on them in priority.
We will not collect personal information in any of our next releases.
We will do our best to limit the number of third party services we rely on to make the application work and which collect data.
- 01/01/2018 - Fabric.io is now part of Google. Updated links.
- 11/07/2015 - Initial version.